Rejuvenation of Rural economy cannot be achieved without making agriculture and related activities efficient, profitable and sustainable. NIFTEM, NDRI and KVK have come forward to adopt the 5 villages and take various initiatives in the field of agriculture and dairy development in these villages. A village development Plan has been prepared for all the villages by the team from NIFTEM outlining the current status and action plan for future.
• Creation of awareness among farmers about Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Good Harvesting Practices (GHP) through campaign and demonstration.
• Analyse the present Cropping pattern and develop strategies for sustainable cropping pattern in the village
• Promote high yielding variety of major crops such as wheat, mustered, maize, jawar and bazra.
• Promotion of organic farming.
• Promotion of cultivation of cash crops.
• Training in the field of processing of agricultural and dairy products to enable value addition and create entrepreneurs amongst the youth.